Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Computers...Why They Are The Best and Worst at the SAME Time

Information security is always evolving, yet it has the same elements from its beginings. Its fairly straight forward in that I have something that I need to have access to, but I dont want anyone else to have access to it, unless I say it is ok. When all things were hand written into journals or ledgers, safes were a common way to keep information safe. As we come to today, the majority of information is kept on computers or stored in a digital format. This means the document can be easily copied an infinite number of times, and with the internet it can be distributed just as easily. From an information security standpoint, the difficulty of protecting information has and will continue to get more complex. Computers do allow individuals and businesses to be more productive, which in itself is a great thing; but keeping things we would like secret continuously becomes a challange.

No comments:

Post a Comment